![]() |
| banana bread batter |
Things have changed. Just a bit.
Today I made banana bread. It smells good and likely tastes delicious. I'm not sure that this treat will have the impact on the world that my time in the hospital had, but I enjoyed it. It is even likely that several of the people in Eric's office will enjoy it tomorrow as well. Is the activity of baking bread any less significant or meaningful than putting in a full day's work at a dynamic workplace? Probably. But who is to say that it should be any less valued? I added a skill to my toolbox, I made a few people's tummies pretty happy (mine included), and I didn't waste the bananas that had become overripe. That aint' nothin'!
Who knows how the rest of my days in this new home of mine will be spent. I surely don't. But the lesson is that it doesn't matter that I don't know the answer to this question today. The answer will unfold itself with each passing day. And at least I have another day of happiness and health to be thankful for.

Wonderful post! Inspiring, uplifting and thought-provoking...
ReplyDelete