| Steaming hot peanut butter, chocolate, and whip pies |
As part of an office-ish fundraiser, a good friend of ours nominated Eric to take a pie to the face. The top 8 names on the list were to be pied and before Eric knew it, his name had made it all the way to number two! What can I say? He's a popular guy. As a result, one of two things could happen. Eric could pay double the amount that was bid on him to avoid the pie in the eye OR he could step up and take it like a man.
He chose to take it like a man.
Once the list of people to be pied was established, the pies themselves were auctioned off. You could bid to pie your colleague, boss, or spouse in the face. The same friend who nominated Eric to be on the list in the first place got into a bidding war with a paralegal from Eric's office. He eventually put a pretty hefty chunk of change on a pie (with one stipulation: I was to be the one to smash the pie in Eric's face). I accepted his offer.
As I stood there, steamy pie in hand, I looked sympathetically into my husband's eyes and faced a dilemma: take it easy on him (because I certainly wouldn't want this pie in my face) or make my friend (who made a generous donation to make this all possible) proud. I also felt I owed it to the paralegal (who really wanted a chance to pie him) not to let this opportunity pass me by. I think I settled for a happy medium...I didn't crack his nose, but I got him pretty good.
| Trying to appear brave. |
| Eric attempting to communicate telepathically, "go easy on me, will ya?" |
| Me letting him know I couldn't quite understand what he was saying. |
Once it was all over, we thanked our friend for saving us the money on couples therapy.
No comments:
Post a Comment