Yokohama Nanohana

Yokohama Nanohana

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Our Something New: Ice cold creamy cheese

Eric tried to sneak Bean licks of gelato...he failed. I think.
Eric had a four day weekend that I managed to let most of slip by in a sleep-training psychosis. The good news is I figured out that sleep training is probably not for us. At least not the way I was going about it. At least not right now. The bad news is we had four days to do lots and lots of something news, but we only did one. One relatively small something new. But I will take all the victories I can get! 

Friends of ours took us to Namiki Farm, which is about 40 or so minutes away from base. It is a cute little farm out in the middle of nowhere where you can take a tractor ride through a field, sit on some stationary pink tractors, and eat some real, made-on-the-farm-from-the-Jersey-cow-milk gelato. They also have a restaurant on the farm, which I assume sells real, made-on-the-farm steak. We went solely for the gelato as Bean is too small to be excited about pink tractors.

The gelato was delicious! The flavors of the day included: blueberry, mango, banana, sesame, green tea, chocolate, cookies cream, jersey milk, and cheese. Yes, cheese. Between the four ice cream consuming adults, we sampled 7 flavors (by taking advantage of the double scoop option). We tried blueberry, mango, banana, cookies cream, jersey milk, chocolate, and cheese. Yes, cheese.


All of the flavors were delicious! Even the cheese. It tasted like....cheese. Yes, cheese. Don't ask me what kind. We never could come to an agreement on that.


While we enjoyed our cones, Eric took advantage of an opportunity to milk a cow...well, half a cow. We also walked around and visited with some of the livestock. Though, we never actually saw a cow...Anyway, Namiki Farm will likely be a tour stop for any future visitors, and fear not! They serve up cones year around!




No comments:

Post a Comment