I have said (probably more than once) that Japan is the land of the festival, or, in Nihongo, matsuri. Based on my observations, the Japanese find cause to celebrate anything and everything from meat to snow to flowers to pizza to fish to seagulls to dolls (yes, tomorrow I plan to travel 4 hours each way to attend a Kokeshi doll festival). I am two months away from being a year (A YEAR?!) behind in blogging and I need to stop messing around. The following is a list of the festivals/events we attended this year (and more importantly, a list to help guide my humble attempt to catch the heck up)! Once and for all...
- Sapporo Snow Festival
- Kabushima Shrine
- Golden Line Drive
- Sakura Festivals: Kitakami, Hirosaki, Towada, Misawa
- A festival for every flower Orchid, Tulip, Nanohana, Azalea, Peony, Sunflowers, Dahlia
- A little bit of this and that: Shichinohe Pizza, Tanbo Rice Art, Misawa Tanabata, Festival of Ten Thousand Lights, Funekko Nagashi
- Akita Kanto
- Aomori Nebuta
- Hachinohe Sumo Exhibition
- Misawa Summer Festival
- Naruko Onsen National Kokeshi Festival
Stay tuned!
Its a lot of work to write a post! Who knew? I read about every one of your adventures. We love your worldly perspective.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rebecca! I also enjoy reading about all of yours! I love that our blogs help us stay in the know about each other's lives...well at least when we keep up with them they do!
Delete